Highly recommended for those that love London, but also love Britain’s countryside
On the edge of London, Guildford is a popular destination for those who love London, but also love the British countryside.
A historic and lively town in Surrey, Guildford is the door to some of the most incredible scenery in south east England.
Guildford has all the richness and features of a city, and yet remains small enough to explore and enjoy.
In the streets is so much history to discover, including the castle built by William the Conqueror, and the house of the author of Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.
London Summer Schools – Campus
As you will see from our Location Gallery, the University of Surrey is located on a modern, green campus, offering students a pleasant place to study English and make friends.
The university has invested a lot of money in the development of new buildings, including a £35 million sports centre (built 2010).
More recently, the university completed the construction of new accommodation buildings, Manor Park.
Looking down upon these modern buildings is Guildford Cathedral. Additionally, the college is surrounded by landscaped grounds, trees, and a lake – home to many ducks and swans.
Other on-site facilities include a social room, bank, shop, bookshop, and laundry.
The classrooms are modern, spacious and bright, in keeping with the University’s desire to be a world class seat of learning.
As with all our UK centres:
- Guildford is accredited by the British Council.
- Classes have a maximum of 16 students.
- ESL teachers meet British Council UK guidelines, and have been chosen for their qualification, commitment, attitude and communicative ability.
- Guildford has a Director of Studies (DoS) who manages the teachers and guarantees that the syllabus is maintained.
- All DoS’s are English language professionals, recruited for their higher qualifications, extensive experience and suitability to managing large vacation programmes
- Guildford has a syllabus and materials that ensure that students learn about topics that are interesting for them and relevant to their lives.
- The syllabus is tied to the European Union’s Common European Framework.
Download our brochure using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
The university has invested a lot of money in the development of new buildings, including a £35 million sports centre, Surrey Sports Park, which was completed in 2010.
As you will see from the Location Gallery above, Sports Park has some of the best sports facilities in the world, including:
- A 50-meter, Olympic-sized indoor swimming pool.
- 6 x world-class squash courts.
- 8 x outdoor tennis courts.
- 12m indoor climbing wall.
- 3 x artificial grass football pitches.
- 3 x sports arenas for badminton, basketball, and netball.
At all of our centres, there is a comprehensive activity program. Evening activities include:
- Karaoke nights.
- Talent show.
- Casino night.
- X-Factor night.
- Performing arts classes.
- Mini Olympics.
- Sports tournaments.
In addition, as you will have seen in our Course Outline, we have regular project clubs for students that want more academic activities focused on English language improvement.
Download our course program using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Although the campus is safe and secure, the college is a very short walk to the town centre and to Guildford train station, where trains run directly to Waterloo Station, London.
Our program makes use of this proximity by offering two full days in London.
The centre is also blessed by being close to a number of popular destinations apart from London, including Oxford, Thorpe Park, Winchester, Windsor and Brighton.
Inclusive Full-Day Excursions
- London: Politics & Royalty walking tour
- London: Visit to British Museum or Science Museum
- Cambridge (or Oxford): entrance to university college + city walking tour
- Brighton: Sealife Centre + city walking tour
Inclusive Half-Day Excursions
- Guildford: Walking tour of town centre
- Guildford: Shopping visit
- Woodstock, and Blenheim Park & Gardens
Customize your course using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Course Dates 2018
- 02/07 – 16/07
- 16/07 – 30/07
Price Per Person
£400 deposit required when booking. Price shown is in British pound sterling. There are no registration fees.
12 - 17
30 Hours of ESL
All of our UK locations are British Council accredited.
16 students per class (maximum).
Single standard accommodation in Stag Hill Court
SAVE £50 WHEN YOU INVITE A FRIEND/RELATIVE
Offer for individuals only.
SAVE 10% / STUDENT FOR GROUPS (15+)
+ 1 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only.