A wonderful location for young learners (10+) and visiting London
Horsham is a traditional market town, in Sussex, with many medieval and Tudor buildings and modern piazzas.
As you will see from our Location Map, Horsham is very close to London.
Horsham – English UK summer schools
The Horsham campus is located at a private boarding school for children, called Christ’s Hospital School.
The school was founded by King Edward VI, and has existed at different locations for over 450 years.
Its quite unique objective has always been to offer children of all social backgrounds a top-quality boarding school education.
To achieve this, the school provides reduced rates – or even free tuition – to less-privileged students.
The school still uses the same the Tudor uniform with a long blue coat, short trousers (breeches) and yellow socks.
It also maintains the tradition of students walking into the dining room accompanied by a brass band (weather permitting).
Christ’s Hospital School has some incredibly beautiful buildings.
There is a large historical dining room, as well as new refurbished boarding (dormitory) houses, offering 1-4 bedded rooms with shared bathrooms.
Horsham is a particularly beautiful centre – and is ideal for young learners!
Our academic staff can cater for beginners, including students as young as 8.
Also, as with all our UK centres:
- Horsham is accredited by the British Council.
- Classes have a maximum of 16 students.
- ESL teachers meet British Council UK guidelines, and have been chosen for their qualification, commitment, attitude and communicative ability.
- Horsham has a Director of Studies (DoS) who manages the teachers and guarantees that the syllabus is maintained.
- All DoS’s are English language professionals, recruited for their higher qualifications, extensive experience and suitability to managing large vacation programmes
- Horsham has a syllabus and materials that ensure that students learn about topics that are interesting for them and relevant to their lives.
- The syllabus is tied to the European Union’s Common European Framework.
Download our brochure using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Horsham is extremely well-equipped for summer school purposes. Among its sports facilities, Christ’s Hospital School has:
- An indoor swimming pool
- Fitness centre (for group leaders)
- Sports hall (for badminton, basketball, football, hockey, tennis, and volleyball)
- Squash courts
The college has 100 acres of sports fields, including:
- 19 x football pitches
- 17 x rugby pitches
- 15 x tennis courts
- 7 x netball courts
- 3 x grass hockey courts
- 2 x all-weather hockey pitches
- 12 x cricket squares and 10 x cricket nets
At all of our centres, there is a comprehensive activity program. Evening activities include:
- Karaoke nights.
- Talent show.
- Casino night.
- X-Factor night.
- Performing arts classes.
- Mini Olympics.
- Sports tournaments.
In addition, as you will have seen in our Course Outline, we have regular project clubs for students that want more academic activities focused on English language improvement.
Download our course program using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Horsham is within easy reach of London. Trains travel to London Victoria and London Bridge, both in about an hour.
Inclusive Full-Day Excursions
- London: Politics & Royalty walking tour
- London: Visit to British Museum or Science Museum
- Brighton: entrance to Sealife Centre + city walking tour
- Winchester: entrance to Winchester Cathedral and Round Table + city walking tour
Inclusive Half-Day Excursions
- Horsham: Walking tour of town centre
- Horsham: Shopping visit
Customize your course using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Course Dates 2018
- 03/07 – 17/07
- 17/07 – 31/07
- 31/07 – 14/08
Price Per Person
£400 deposit required when booking. Price shown is in British pound sterling. There are no registration fees.
10 - 17
30 Hours of ESL
25 hours of regular class + 5 hours evening conversation.
All of our UK locations are British Council accredited.
16 students per class (maximum).
Price is for refurbished multi-bed rooms with shared bathrooms. 1-4 bedded rooms available.
SAVE £50 WHEN YOU INVITE A FRIEND/RELATIVE
Offer for individuals only.
SAVE 10% / STUDENT FOR GROUPS (15+)
+ 1 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only.