One of the UK’s best summer schools!
Royal Holloway & The Founder’s Building
As you will see from the Location Gallery, Royal Holloway is unimaginably beautiful.
In addition to the green campus, the main reason for Royal Holloway’s beauty is the impressive ‘Founder’s Building’.
Built by Thomas Holloway, the Founder’s Building is based on a the French chateau, Château de Chambord (Loire Valley) – except a little bigger to reflect Thomas Holloway’s self-made wealth.
Royal Holloway, located in Egham, was originally a women’s only college, which opened in 1886. Today, it is a co-education college, part of the University of London.
The college has its own art gallery, with one of the most expensive Victorian art collections in the world!
SummerESL.com group leaders will enjoy a guided tour of this art gallery, with coffee and refreshments.
Royal Holloway has among the best summer school accommodation that we have ever seen.
Students with SummerESL.com all stay in deluxe ensuite rooms, situated in accommodation blocks built in 2007.
The accommodation at Royal Holloway is so good that it has been the accommodation centre for world rowing events, including the London 2012 Olympic games.
In total, there are over 1,000 beds, which are always completely full by March or April, because of the popularity of and demand for Royal Holloway, so book now if you want to avoid disappointment!
The academic programme makes the most of London and Windsor as resources, with link lessons drawing on history and British culture to supplement the students’ learning experience.
Also, as with all our UK centres:
- Royal Holloway is accredited by the British Council.
- Classes have a maximum of 16 students.
- ESL teachers meet British Council UK guidelines, and have been chosen for their qualification, commitment, attitude and communicative ability.
- Royal Holloway has a Director of Studies (DoS) who manages the teachers and guarantees that the syllabus is maintained.
- All DoS’s are English language professionals, recruited for their higher qualifications, extensive experience and suitability to managing large vacation programmes
- Royal Holloway has a syllabus and materials that ensure that students learn about topics that are interesting for them and relevant to their lives.
- The syllabus is tied to the European Union’s Common European Framework.
Why is Royal Holloway so popular?
- Accommodation: unbeatable quality
- Campus: greenery and spaciousness
- Facilities: sports centre, nightclub-quality discotheque, modern dining room
- 6 x full-day trips: Royal Holloway offers 4 x full-day trips to London, one of which is a riverboat disco, as well as 2 more full-day trips (Oxford, Brighton)
- 1 x half-day trip: Windor + Windsor Castle entrance
Download our brochure using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Royal Holloway has great on-site facilities including:
- Large sports centre
- Fitness centre (for group leaders)
- 4 x outdoor tennis courts (with an amazing view!)
- Several outdoor playing fields for football, cricket, and volleyball.
- Nightclub (no alcohol is permitted during summer school use)
- ‘Jane Holloway Building’ multipurpose hall
At all of our centres, there is a comprehensive activity program. Evening activities include:
- Karaoke nights.
- Talent show.
- Casino night.
- X-Factor night.
- Performing arts classes.
- Mini Olympics.
- Sports tournaments.
In addition, as you will have seen in our Course Outline, we have regular project clubs for students that want more academic activities focused on English language improvement.
Download our course program using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Visits to the city are a central part of the activity programme, including the very popular river boat disco on the Thames.
Inclusive Full-Day Excursions
- London: Politics & Royalty walking tour + Thames riverboat disco
- London: Thames Southbank walking tour
- London: Visit to British Museum and Covent Gardens
- London: Visit to Science Museum and Knightsbridge
- Oxford: entrance to a university college + historic city walking tour
- Brighton: entrance to Sealife Centre + city walking tour
Inclusive Full-Day Excursions
- Windsor: Windsor Castle entrance
Upgrades / Extra for Inclusive Excursions:
- Bath (instead of Brighton) + Roman Baths & Jane Austin Centre = £7.00
- Canterbury (instead of Brighton) + Cathedral = £3.00
- Cambridge (instead of Oxford) + Kings College = £5.00
- Oxford: Punting = £10.00
- Oxford: Christ Church College (upgrade) = £4.00
- London: Tower of London = £13.00
- London: London Dungeons = £12.00
- London: London Eye = £12.00
- London: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre = £10.00
- London: Madame Tussauds = £20.00
- London: Sightseeing ‘Hop On/Off’ Bus Tour = £15.00
- London: Westend Musical (Lion King/We Will Rock You/Wicked) = £30.00
Optional Excursions (including transportation)
- Warwick Castle & Stratford (+Shakespeare’s Birthplace) = £55.00
- Thorpe Park (using public transport) = £30.00
Customize your course using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Course Dates 2014
- Tue 01/07 – Tue 15/07
- Tue 15/07 – Tue 29/07
- Tue 29/07 – Tue 12/08
Price Per Person
Price shown is in British pound sterling. There are no registration fees.
12 - 17
30 Hours of ESL
All of our UK locations are British Council accredited.
16 students per class (maximum).
Deluxe single ensuite accommodation.
Discounts for single standard and twin standard rooms.
SAVE £50 WHEN YOU INVITE A FRIEND/RELATIVE
Offer for individuals only.
SAVE 10% / STUDENT FOR GROUPS (15+)
+ 1 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only.