The home of Oxford University!
Oxford is famous all over the world for being the home of one of the oldest and most respected universities in the world.
The city is situated at the joining of two rivers: the Cherwell and the Thames. As such, the city offers lots of opportunities for boating, punting, and pleasant riverside walks.
Oxford is a compact city, with most of the colleges and university buildings within easy walking distance of each other.
The amazing architecture of the 40+ colleges makes Oxford a beautiful place to explore, and there is also a vibrant culture apart from the university.
There are plenty of museums, cinemas, theatres and shops.
However, should you want more, London is a short train or coach ride away.
Oxford Summer School
Our main Oxford campus is located at Oxford Brookes University, Harcourt Hill Campus.
It is set in spacious and attractively landscaped grounds overlooking Oxford, which is just 10 minutes by bus.
The accommodation, located at Harcourt Hill, has been newly renovated (completed Summer 2012), with renovations costing £14m.
Students able to congregate in one of the main quads, or on the large playing fields.
There is also a student common room, disco and a large refectory serving excellent food.
It is one of the most internationally mixed centres, with 2011 seeing students from 15 nationalities.
This campus is a dedicated teacher training college. As such, it has excellent academic facilities.
The classrooms are modern, spacious and bright.
As with all our UK centres:
- Oxford is accredited by the British Council.
- Classes have a maximum of 16 students.
- ESL teachers meet British Council UK guidelines, and have been chosen for their qualification, commitment, attitude and communicative ability.
- Oxford has a Director of Studies (DoS) who manages the teachers and guarantees that the syllabus is maintained.
- All DoS’s are English language professionals, recruited for their higher qualifications, extensive experience and suitability to managing large vacation programmes
- Oxford has a syllabus and materials that ensure that students learn about topics that are interesting for them and relevant to their lives.
- The syllabus is tied to the European Union’s Common European Framework.
Download our brochure using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
The on-site facilities are excellent, and include:
- Sports centre
- Swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Golf course
At all of our centres, there is a comprehensive activity program. Evening activities include:
- Karaoke nights.
- Talent show.
- Casino night.
- X-Factor night.
- Performing arts classes.
- Mini Olympics.
- Sports tournaments.
In addition, as you will have seen in our Course Outline, we have regular project clubs for students that want more academic activities focused on English language improvement.
Download our course program using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Inclusive Full-Day Excursions
- London: Politics & Royalty walking tour
- London: Visit to British Museum or Science Museum
- Stratford-Upon-Avon & Bicester Shopping Outlet Village
- Stonehenge & Bath
Inclusive Half-Day Excursions
- Oxford: Walking tour of historic centre
- Oxford: Visit to Ashmolean Museum
- Woodstock, and Blenheim Park & Gardens
Book your course using the link button below.Download Course Programme Download Brochure Customize Course
Course Dates 2020
- 02/07 – 16/07
- 16/07 – 30/07
- 30/07 – 13/08
Price Per Person
£400 deposit required when booking. Price shown is in British pound sterling. There are no registration fees.
12 - 17
30 Hours of ESL
All of our UK locations are British Council accredited.
16 students per class (maximum).
The price is for premium ensuite accommodation. Homestay accommodation available.
SAVE £50 WHEN YOU INVITE A FRIEND/RELATIVE
Offer for individuals only.
SAVE 10% / STUDENT FOR GROUPS (15+)
+ 1 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only.