San Diego Winter
San Diego Winter School!
San Diego, a vibrant city located on the beautiful Southern California coast with an idyllic climate and pristine beaches, is known as ‘America’s Finest City’.
In 2015, National Geographic Traveler magazine selected San Diego as one of 20 “Best of the World” destinations.
With its proximity to the Pacific Ocean, mountains, deserts, and natural reserves, recreational opportunities including surfing, sailing, golfing, hiking, and mountain climbing abound in the San Diego area year round.
San Diego is America’s eighth largest city, but enjoys the friendliness, hospitality and safety of a much smaller city.
San Diego Winter School Campus
Our San Diego campus is based at the University of San Diego* (USD), a lovely green campus overlooking San Diego, Tecolote Canyon, Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean.
USD has a 60 year history of providing excellent education in California. It is well facilitated in all ways, including high standards of accommodation, sports facilities, and onsite attractions. Furthermore, USD is equipped with a new state-of-the-art dining building.
All-in-all it offers the perfect location for exploring all parts of the Californian west coast.
SummerESL.com students staying at our USD San Diego campus will benefit from 35 hours of English in maximum class sizes of 15 students. This makes this campus popular with dedicated English language students.
- Students receive 35 hours of English classes per 2-week course.
- ESL teachers have been chosen for their qualifications, commitment, attitude and communicative ability.
- The San Diego Summer School has a Director of Studies (DoS) who manages the teachers and guarantees that the syllabus is maintained.
- All DoS’s are English language professionals, recruited for their higher qualifications, extensive experience and suitability to managing large vacation programmes
- Our San Diego Summer School has a syllabus and materials that ensure that students learn about topics that are interesting for them and relevant to their lives.
Download our brochure using the link button below.Customize Course
Our San Diego summer school has first class sports facilities, including:
- Basketball arenas
- American football pitches
- Baseball & softball stadiums
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Outdoor Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Sports centre + Fitness centre + weight room
- Multi-purpose sports fields
At all of our centres, there is a comprehensive activity program. Evening activities include:
- Karaoke nights.
- Talent show.
- Casino night.
- X-Factor night.
- Performing arts classes.
- Mini Olympics.
- Sports tournaments.
Download our course programs for L.A. using the link button below.
Sample full-day excursions (1 per week):
- Sea World
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park (IMAX)
- Coronado Island & USS Midway
- Padres baseball game
Sample half-day local excursions (1 per week):
- Pacific Beach Biking
- Mission Bay
- Belmont Park
- San Ysidro Outlet Mall
- Fashion Valley Shopping
Optional 4-day Trip to Los Angeles (28th – 31st July only):
By upgrading to the 4-day L.A. excursion, you can achieve almost the same excursion experience as our Los Angeles Summer School, but for a cheaper price.
- Newport Beach
- L.A. City Tour
- La Jolla Cave
Course Dates 2016
- 03/01 – 16/01
- 10/01 – 23/01
- 17/01 – 30/01
- 24/01 – 06/02
- 31/01 – 13/02
Price Per Person
$600 deposit required when booking. Price shown is in US dollars. There are no registration fees.
13 - 17
30 Hours of ESL
Ideal for students looking to improve their English in a fun, active and social environment. Learn about West Coast life and culture.
Family homestay accommodation.
SAVE $100 WHEN YOU INVITE A FRIEND/RELATIVE
Offer for individuals only
SAVE 10% FOR GROUPS (15+)
+ 1 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only
SAVE 12.5% FOR GROUPS (30+)
+ 2 Group Leader free
Discount is on student course price only.